During periods, mood swings, fatigue, abdominal pain, constipation, diarrhea, chest heaviness and swelling in abdomen symptoms appear due to changes in hormones in the body. You can reduce their impact by the right food, the wrong food can add to your pain. You can get relief from trouble in periods by dieting of some foods on those particular days. What foods you should avoid in periods? Here, top 6 foods to avoid in periods for girls .
#Top 6 Foods to Avoid in Periods for Girls
Foods to avoid irregular periods, foods to avoid late periods, foods to avoid delayed periods, foods to prevent periods, foods to avoid during heavy periods, foods to avoid during painful periods, foods to avoid for heavy periods, girls health 2014, women health 2014
- Processed Food: During periods you should reduce the intake of salt, because it cause heaviness in the chest, stomach bloating and increases the problem of acidity. Sodium is added in excess into processed foods, so stay away from it. Do not take pickles, chips and canned food, Instead of this take fresh fruits, dry fruits, green vegetables and whole grains.
- Caffeinated Substances: We feel fatigue; depression, feel heaviness in the chest due to caffeinated substances, such as – tea, coffee, chocolate, soft drinks, energy drinks, coffee flavored sweets. Instead of them you should take herbal tea, fruit juice and drink enough water during periods, so dehydration problem will not happen.
- Sugary Foods: Hormonal changes cause the blood sugar becomes too unbalanced, causing many women want to eating sweets. But mood swings and tension happen due to blood sugar imbalance. You can take fiber rich fruits and salads instead of Cakes, cookies and sweets etc.
- High Fat Foods: More Fats cause heaviness in the chest and stomach becomes inflamed. But increased estrogen level due to low volume saturated fats. High Fat Foods – such as ice cream, cheese, cream, butter, sausages and burgers instead of Low Fat Foods – such as fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains and fish included.
- Trans-Fats Containing Foods: Cake, muffins, such as bakery products contain trans fats, which raise levels of estrogen in the body, so during periods eschew them is exactly the same. Increased estrogen levels are stomach cramps and pain suddenly increases. If you want bakery food, you may take fiber rich bread instead of high fat food.
- Alcohol: Alcohol use during PMS not appropriate for your health, because it makes use blood thinners, which may bleed more than normal and is much longer.